Each repack kit will contain the correct pillow an rivets for the application, if your application are consist of two cans that is not listed below make sure to choose two kits
Please note that some systems require a different pillow. Please choose your model from the drop down menu. If your specific model is not listed, please choose "standard replacement pillow." If you have a dual system, you need to select two pillows.
The standard muffler re-pack kit can be used with all Barker's exhausts except the following (you MUST CHOOSE FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU if you have one of the systems below):
- Yamaha Grizzly 700 Dual Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-GRIZ700-DLINFR
- Yamaha Raptor 250 Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-250R-INFR-11
- Yamaha Raptor 350 Inframe Exhaust - 7AYE-350R-INFR-13
- Polaris RZR 800 Dual Exhaust - 7APE-800RZR-08
- Polaris RZR XP 1000 Dual Exhaust - 7APE-1000XPRZR-14
- BMW F650GS, F700GS, or F800GS Slip On Exhaust - 7MBE-800BMW-13
- BMW R1100 & R1150 Series Slip On Exhaust - 7MBE-1150BMW-13
- BMW R1200 Series Slip On Exhaust - 7MBE-1200BMW-10 OR 7MBE-1200BMW-10-13
Replacing the pillow in your Barker's exhaust represents necessary maintenance of your exhaust system similar to regular oil changes for your machine. Your Barker's exhausts should be repacked yearly under normal use, or after a maximum 35 hours of use on ATVs, 20 hours on UTVs. If your machine features dual exhausts, you will need to replace both pillows. The 3/16" stainless steel rivets are included with your purchase of the pillow.
The engine in your bike or ORV produces an exhaust temperature that exceeds the temperature limits of traditional packing materials. Fibers exposed to these high temperatures eventually break down, become brittle, creating small particles that can blow out of the muffler. Barker's utilizes a Spec 31 fiber which maintains it's strength at temperatures up to 1400F. However, over time these components wear out and should be replaced to keep your muffler completely packed and flowing as it was designed.
The benefits to using our Spec 31 pillows include the following:
- Throttle response remains crisp
- Power output is maximized
- Fuel efficiency is maximized
- Noise reduction and exhaust tone are maintained
- Vibration absorption and baffle support
- Quality Spec 31 lasts longer than the competition